Gods of Egypt
Gods of Egypt is stunning. Visually, it’s pretty much flawless.
They pull off the massive scale very well.
It’s all about larger-than-life things:
- Sun-God Ra dragging the sun around on a leash, protecting it from the chaos personified (monsterified?) by Apophis, a Chthulian black hole with teeth
- Gods riding giant vipers that spit fire
- Gods riding chariots pulled by giant beetles
- Impossible high obelisks, so high they almost touch the Sun
- A shifting pyramid of sand that includes and entire sand Sphinx inside
The plot is predictable, after all it’s a 6000 years old story, but good vanquishes evil and order prevails.
It’s the perfect popcorn flick to watch on a lazy Saturday.